Sunday, May 22, 2005

let the summer begin...

ahhh...the wonderful feeling of having a year of college complete. how magnificent to be on summer break...not that i've had a moment to sit still to enjoy my freedom, but not being in classes and not having finals is superb. most grades are not yet posted, so the product of my effort remains to be seen. it was sad leaving all the people i had grown close to up at school however. admittedly though, i thought finals were going to kill me...so to be rid of them is heavenly, and if being rid of them means being rid of school...then so be it. in other news...for those of you that don't know me well, my dad is a dairy farmer, thus i have grown up surrounded by cows, which i love by the way. i show them at fairs and shows and have great fun doing that. this weekend i took a few calves to a show. i got home on thursday night, worked all day on friday to get the animals ready for the show, went to bed exausted and then woke up at 4:50 saturday morning and spent all day at the show. needless to say...saturday night i was dead tired. the phrase i feel best explains how i felt is and shall henceforth be referred to as...near fatal exhaustion. dad and i had another classic father/daughter moment saturday morning when he walked in to my room to make sure I was up. the guy who was going to be picking up my cattle to take them to the show was coming at 5:30, but when dad walked into my room at 4:50, he said 'Melanie, Todd's here!' naturally i jumped out of bed, looked out the window and when i saw nothing, i glanced back at him...he was laughing and had this funny smirk on his face. he then responded to my inquiring look with the all to over used 'gotcha'...to which i gave my best glare and said 'thats mean...go away!' so we both got a good chuckle out of that...classic moments between us...but rest assured that he will get it back. it's a constant, entertaining, back and forth battle of the wits between us that I enjoy immensely. so that pretty much sums up my weekend, other than taking my friend kim back to Oshkosh today, which gave me a chance to catch up with some relationships that had been mostly put on hold for the duration of my school year. well if something of interest decides to occur in my life...i shall post about it later
~Melanie

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to hear how the revenge of melanie culminates. keep us posted on the details! and yes, even details about shaving prickly cow's legs would be quite interesting to your readers!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

you think i'm going to inform you about my revenge against my dad? I'm not writing a novel and it would be impossible to note everything that transpires between us...there is just too much. And as far as the shaving of the cows...it's not a fun job, i don't enjoy it, they don't enjoy it, but it's a must for showing. the things we do for beauty... Ha...wow does that sound weird in that context! but if you truly are intersting in the showing and prep...i suppose i could tell more

11:28 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

yes, and of course take a picture of your cattle dealings. as well any available pictures of particularly interesting pranks or revenges on your padre.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

revenge is a tricky thing...I don't think a camera will always be available at the right moment...so don't count on revenge pictures. And anything more in depth with the cows would take too long, so that will have to wait, or be asked on a more personal level where I can explain things to avoid confusion. Once I figure out how to get the pictures on here, something will show up with the cows, especially after the fairs in august, but until then, you just have to wait and imagine.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Abigail... said...

WOOOO! I love new blogs! I hope you have great fun with this one
:-)
DO keep writing about those cows ( i never knew they could be so fascinating! ;-) )

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cows are fascinating beyond reason. no one seems to believe me.

so i see you were able to drive to oshkosh... kenosha's not too far ;)

can i just drive up today and stay till july and go to scotland with you and all the other crazy expeditions you have planned?

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home