Monday, May 30, 2005

what a weekend

What a lovely weekend...filled with lovely things. Very descriptive I know...but give me time, i'll get into it and explain it day by day.

let me see...saturday...pretty much a nothing day, meaning, nothing important to do, which was nice, but also meant that i needed to find something to keep myself occupied. i did that by fulfilling my country/farm girl calling...so with my hair pulled back in a thick blond braid, i spent the afternoon working with my horse. i am pleased to see that his attitude is mellowing with age, personality is abundant, but the attitude that filled in young days and often made him a pain to deal with, has calmed considerably each year and he's becoming a gentler beast. i must say, he looked dashing when i was finished with him, despite the unbelievable amount of dirt that he manages to cover himself in. with enough brushing, and without close inspection, the dirt stayed hidden enough to keep me happy. now i just need this crazy wisconsin weather to get warm enough to convince him to shed the rest of his winter hair and i'll have a halfway decent looking horse...maybe!

ok, onto sunday...the morning contained church of course and the seeing of a few people i had missed in my time at school. after church my dad and brothers and i mowed my gramma's lawn, she was thrilled. the afternoon was shelly's graduation party. let me tell you...4-wheelers are the greatest thing...ever. me and shelly on a 4-wheeler is pretty wonderful, and if you have any idea what the two of us are capable of...you may potentially be scared. we've had some good times, caused lots of trouble (ask the state fair chaperones) and generally created a lot of laughter, well at least we laugh a lot...victims usually don't find our humor quite as amusing. don't worry, we're not doing bad things...exactly...we just create our own rules or find ways around current ones to suit the situation. we've never gotten in severe trouble, or really harmed anyone, but man oh man, do we know how to have fun! 2 week together in europe is going to be more than that continent can take i bet! wow are we going to have fun! i can guarantee that there will be a massive water fight started somewhere along the line...that seems to be our trademark, Shelly's for sure. you can ask pretty much any adult that has encountered us at either state or county fair...shelly and i together mean that something is bound to happen! we're devious and entirely to smart and creative for our own good!

alright...the covers sunday, so naturally monday comes next. basically, my family and i just spent it at my grandparents...on the lake. the water is cold...blah...but the sun was fabulous and i'm quite sure that the hours that we spent down there talking, dangling our feet in the water, will result in a nice tan on me. the food was of course way too good...and we all ate way too much, the curse of gramma's cooking on a college kid (or anyone for that matter).

so that about sums up my weekend...i could add details, but i'm sure you all have lives outside my blog...so here is where i end...for now. bubye!
~melanie

7 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

hurrah for water fights and gramma's cookin'. except i never get gramma's cookin'. sometimes granpa's... but whatever.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

water fights with shelly and i are usually quite crazy (40+ people involved once). and if you're sly enough, you can start them, get people soaked, yet stay relatively dry for a long time! until 6 or so guys chase you down, overpower you and carry you to the feed cart thats full of water (@state fair)... that puts a damper on things... literally. but we fight till the last second and have been known to escape... which doesn't say much for our 'big strong guys' i guess

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jordan; do your home-grown hamburgers be grown at your there house? is your dad a farmer?
i could just comment on jordan's blog, but why?

2:41 AM  
Blogger Luddie said...

Jordan's home-grown hamburgers be grown at his there house, alright. I've seen the trees myself. They're in an orchard behind the house. I kinda thought hamburger trees were impossible until I saw them. It was pretty cool.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Luddie said...

And hi again Melanie! :D

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heart ludwhig.
if i name my dog ludwhig, would you want to meet him?

2:08 PM  
Blogger Luddie said...

I might put a picture on my blog, yes.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home