Tuesday, October 25, 2005

bucket showers rock!

this past weekend was my family vacation up north at my aunt and uncle's cabin. it was a jolly time, enjoyed by all i believe. my family headed up late thursday night, and i had to wait around till brendon was done with class, so we didn't leave till 6 friday night, then we went to Gander Mountain to get brendon a goose call and peruse through the firearm section...my favorite section by far. i have expensive taste...always picking up the shotguns that cost like $1500. brendon told me he needs to take me gun shopping cause i have such fun, and he also mentioned that if/when i get my hunting license, guys would take me out. not quite sure what he meant by 'out' but it sounded fun regardless. after we finally hit the road again, he was driving while practicing with his new goose call. so i listened to a very loud goose for quite some time. then he tossed it at me and told me to try. hahahaha that was interesting. since it's a 3 hour trip, it was dark and it was rainy, i did my best to keep brendon amused and awake. about 2 hours into the trip i asked him it he was awake enough and he said yes. but that wasn't good enough for me. so i sneakily grabbed the goose call sitting between us and blasted out one long, shocking note...which caused brendon to jump out of his seat and nearly hit the ceiling. i'm evil i know and could have killed us by making him crash, but i laughed horribly hard over his response. so from then on the call was known as a horn when used in reference to me. good times. anyways, it was great to see my family and my aunt, uncle and cousins. we went hiking along lovely little river with some small waterfalls and took family pics. we ate entirely too much. enjoyed the lack of electricity...simplicity is fabulous, especially bucket showers! haha. stayed up late talking to the girls about everything i've missed since july when i saw them last. just lots of good times. i sent brendon back to school sunday afternoon with my family, and i stayed till monday morning, then made the relatively long drive back by myself...back to reality. it was a lovely escape of a weekend though. *sigh* if only life really were that simple. whatever...ok....i'm done. bubye

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi. bucket showers are only good when you choose to take them, and only for about up to a week. not daily. and by daily i mean regularly. and by regularly i mean irregularly, only once every day or 4 days. but anyway, i'd rather have a shower head that emerged from the wall above my head. bye.

12:38 AM  
Blogger quirky said...

ditto that.

i did get a hoot out of your "horn" antics.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

if i had either or both of you convinced that i love taking a shower that consists of a bucket hoisted up by a pulley with a shower head on it...then i'm sorry for your gullible nature. it's probably a 100x more difficult than a regular shower, especially with the thickness of my hair. i need something more than a dribble to rinse out my hair. that's all.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home