Tuesday, October 18, 2005

so you want excitment, huh?

i have been petitioned for a non-boring post. sorry. no can do allison. i'm just going to post about what has been going on and those things are just not exciting. so first of all, my uncle ben's funeral on friday night was really nice. very musical which was awesome cause he was so musical. two recordings were played of him singing, the last of which was It Is Well With My Soul. i feel it's safe to say that nearly everyone had tears in their eyes from that. saturday was the burial, after which the relatives all piled into my house for food and fellowship. sunday i spent the entire day studying for my history exam...what an unpleasant way to spend time at home. monday morning i resumed the studying at 7am, continued straight till 4pm and the dreaded test...which went better than expected. then i hit the lit book, read 112 pages of that and fell into bed. i was suppose to go bowling with the staff and gov in my hall, but due to miscommunication, ashley and i ended up being the only two who didn't actually make it to the bowling alley. great frustration ensued. and that brings us to today, which was just another day. yesterday i had a lovely moment with my roommate in relation to her tremendous fear of bugs. somehow they keep getting into our window, between the screen and the glass, well lauren didn't want them to have access to the room so she shut the window, but it was nice out and i wanted some fresh air. so i opened the window. then i went to kill the bug that was encroaching on our space and lauren stood there dumbstruck that i would get near it, hands clasped together saying, 'oh my gosh, oh my gosh melanie... no, oh my gosh...' over and over again, much to my amusment. so i move in for the kill...dangerous work you know...finish the deed and dispose of the bug, all while lauren is watching with fear and trepidation showing in her eyes. then, since she was still staying 'oh my gosh' i laughingly went over and gave her a hug, and only managed that cause i cornered her. i do believe that she wasn't about to let me touch her with my bug killing hand had she had an option. so that greatly amused me. she constantly keeps me laughing and makes this room quite an enjoyable place to live. so that's all for now. thoroughly unexciting, but such is the life of me. bubye

5 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

i can happily say that i have never experienced roaches in any context other than my biology class... you envy me now don't you allison!?!

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

always have.

9:48 PM  
Blogger quirky said...

encroaching and trepidation are exciting words. good job. you win a cash prize of fifty cents. you will find it... um... on the sidewalk tomorrow?

11:12 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

50 cents on the sidewalk? you've got to be kidding me. i've not yet found money on the sidewalk. and i'm glad you enjoyed my vocab exercises.
and thanks ajp...you always make me feel good. i don't know how we can end up envying eachothers lives, but whatever...works for me.

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

melanie elizabeth. i love living with you.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home