Thursday, November 09, 2006

whoa....

whooo... this week has been... umm... something akin to hell. can i just resort to being brutally honest and saying that? i finished exam number 4, yes, 4 of this week this afternoon. so not cool. it was like finals... only worse because i still had to work and go to class and study in the very small amount of time that falls between those things. at least during finals we're done with classes. i'm so short of sleep it's not even funny. i've see way too many 2-3am's followed by my alarm going off at 6:45. my body is exhausted, my mind is totally useless and i'm just drained beyond belief. studying for this last exam was so hard. my brain was rejecting every detail that i so desperately needed and tried to force into retention. i was on duty last night and didn't finish just reading through the material for the first time till after i finished my midnight rounds, so after 1am. clearly just reading through the material for the first time hardly constitutes studying. this morning i tried in vain to learn, but i mostly lost the battle to sleep and kept falling asleep at my desk in my little break between classes. there was so much material to cover for the audiology exam today. so many numbers and names and graphs and information that i don't understand and don't ever want to see again. i wish it was friday.

i feel sick. my jaw hurts. my eyes only half open and my night isn't even close to being done. my articulation project is due on monday and giving the test caused great chaos and stress this afternoon. now that i actually have my test sample done... finally... i have to do the analysis and write up tonight so can return the materials and finish it this weekend, as well as write another paper, and read 3 chapters and take a quiz and study for another quiz, plan a massive program for my hall and throw myself down a flight of stairs. oh... did i say that? oops. i might go for the window, it's a longer fall, probably more likely to do damage.

i'm going home next weekend. for the first time all semester. opening weekend for deer hunting. i'm excited for numerous reasons. right now i just need to get away. this week has been tough. i even quite seriously considered changing my major. as a junior. i'm on duty saturday night with nate. i'm excited. last time we were on duty together it was just me and the guys hanging out and i had a blast. here's to a productive and hopefully sleep filled weekend. *crossing fingers* adios.

1 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

hey. glad you made it through those tests. i was praying for you every day. except i might have forgotten on thursday, but i was praying for all your tests on the days before. :-P i hope you find a chance to get a little rest (or that you have already, considering it's now sunday). ttyl.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home