Sunday, February 12, 2006

hair today... gone tomorrow?

i had a close call with a scissors today. i was almost swayed into cutting off my hair for locks of love. that sounds somewhat like i'm against such action... on the contrary, i'm in full support it and i'm fully planning on donating my hair... just not quite yet. i've been planning on cutting it for quite some time now, just waiting for it to get long enough that cutting it would leave me with a little to work with. summer had been my plan, then my friend laura was working on talking me into march, then today she said she was going to do it and asked if i'd like to join. her roommate stephanie just did it yesterday, which inspired laura, who started asking me, which started my roommate pushing me to 'seize the day and stop living so cautiously', which had me accompanying laura to the salon to look at books to see if i could find a cut i liked. for a little while i was almost pushed over the edge, then i pulled back and i decided to wait till after finals in may. but after laura's hair turned out so cute, and stephanie's looked so cute and short... i suddenly found myself longing to have mine cut, which left me standing in front of my mirror playing with my hair, attempting to make it look short to give me some visual ideas. so i think potentially i've gone from summer, to may, to spring break... maybe. leaving humility behind... i do have lovely hair and it looks quite nice long, but locks of love is so worth it and hair grows. besides, i haven't had short hair since i was about 6... i think its time for a change. at this moment, cutting a foot off would leave it at chin length, shorter when cut and shaped. so here's to hoping my hair does a lot of growing in the next month because i think spring break might be the perfect time for a cut. we shall see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home