Friday, June 10, 2005

and my summer begins...

ok, so technically my summer began on may 19th when i was walking out of my last final...but now the fun starts. since i know you all hang on my every word...i thought i should inform you that i will be gone for a week. yes, that's right...you must survive a week without my boring posts. i'm headed up to camp to spend another week in the kitchen, feeding a huge mob of kids and doing an incredible number of dishes. but...with that comes an unbelievable amount of fun, lots of awesome worship and fellowship with other believers and the chance to see friends that i get to see the week of camp only. there is no way to convey my excitment into words and still maintain the little bit of sanity that i've pointlessly clung to, so i'm not even going to try. i'm excited...we'll leave it at that. anywho...camp goes from this saturday till next saturday and then i leave for europe for 2 weeks the wednesday after i get home from camp. so i'm going to be a bit busy for the next 3 weeks or so. wow...so much to do still to be ready for europe...agh...too much. i finally sent out my letter to my host family in belgium...hopefully it gets there. oh, and just because i'm evil...i thought i would share with you all that my host family makes their own ice cream...mhmm...the heavenly dessert, only better cause it's homemade. somehow my lack of luck turned around for that cause not only was i assigned to the only place that produces their own ice cream...but my good friend shelly and i were placed together...could it get any better? ok...i really need to pack or i'll never get out of here tomorrow...bubye till, umm, sometime!
~melanie

4 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

tales of homemade ice cream have successfully secured my envy. and just for that, i'm going to laugh if you gain 10 lbs while you're there. ;-D

3:13 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

oh thanks...but i refuse to allow that to happen, and we're only staying with host families for like 3 days, so i think i'm safe...or i hope so. But who knows...i also hear chocolate in Belgium is quite amazing, so two of my great weaknesses are being thrown in my face. alright, that's it, i give up...what a wonderful way to go down though...

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get a room.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's no use checking to see if you updated. i know that you're out of town. but just in case...

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home