Tuesday, February 28, 2006

hmmm...

so no one wants to come with me to my island. ok fine people. i can take a hint, but it's your loss. a major loss.

i clearly should have gotten more sleep last night, but katie had the same amount as me and it affected us oddly but amusingly in ice skating. we did some drills today that we were told would be hard for every level skater... i think i did quite well, as long as no one was ruining my patterns and running into me because they can't control themselves. i've found that if i really like literally don't think about what i'm doing... i'm really not bad. i just think too much and work against the natural forces pulling on me. i need to just not think about what i'm doing because i get so happy with myself when i succeed. our friend chris was there today, he skipped last week and we were sad. yesterday was his 21st birthday and i do believe that perhaps he was still ever so slightly drunk this morning. the only noticable difference was that he was perhaps a bit more talkative and i think just slightly less coordinated, though on skates, that's a hard thing to judge. i think he finds us amusing though. katie and i really know how to make the most of the experience. i make jonnie rae skate with me sometimes because she can demonstrate things well and she just laughs at me. it's fun though, i have to admit that i am enjoying myself.

ya know... on the whole, life is good right now. i'm comfortable with who i am and while my life isn't exactly roses, i'm not bitter or depressed. nothing is perfect, that's for sure, but i'm satisfied and i think, dare i say, for the most part i like myself. my experiences are shaping and growing me in a good way and i'm learning how to live this thing we call life. ash told me last night that i seem confident to her because i'm happy and satisfied with myself. i loved hearing that and i love that jesus is the stablizing point in my life. so yeah... i'm happy!

2 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

actually, being trapped on an island with every kind of animal possible doesn't exactly appeal to me. i hope it's pretty big, and has plenty of segregated portions for people who have a problem with fierce beasts and excessive quantities of manure.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

what a wimp and what a way to ruin my fun. this is my island paradise... there will be no such problems as the ones you just mentioned. gosh... don't you understand how my imagination works? or any imagination for that matter? everything is perfect in a dream! but fine then.. DON'T join me.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home