Friday, March 31, 2006

whoa...

i am shocked out of my mind right now and have been since the lovely hour of 6:20am when i woke up and decided to see if my poli sci grade was posted. well... it was. now let me first tell you that i have a strong dislike for poli sci, professor orr isn't my favorite guy, i take notes but don't pay attention, i don't have any motivation to do well and the mid-term was the first class period i had after spring break. additionally, i did not study over spring break and expected ash to motivate me to study sunday night when i got back, but she didn't, so my studying consisted of merely reading though my notes once and then randomly skimming monday morning, but not really skimming in a manner helpful to studying and partially falling asleep. so i winged my mid-term. literally walked in there without having any idea whether or not i would know anything. i was almost giddy with excitment over the idea of getting it over with and going to get coffee. it didn't seem too hard, didn't take too long and i walked out with a stupid grin on my face because i had just winged a mid-term where every question was worth 4 points and therefore could be very detrimental to my grade if wrong. but i didn't care in the least. so anyway, back to the grade. in class he told us the average was a B- which kinda made me cringe a little, but i figured that was to be expected. with a curve he said some people would get A's. i whispered to ash how crazy it would be if we got A's... like top A's... we then sighed at how unrealistic that was. well... i now have myself an ever so lovely 100% on my mid-term. 25 questions, i got 23 right, with a curve equaling 100%. sweet huh! i'm not trying to be an advocate for poor study skills and no effort in classes, but i'm seriously stoked because the average in this class is a B-, which i figured i'd be lucky to get with my disinterest. today is a good day... mhmm... a very good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home