Sunday, July 24, 2005

battle wounds and tree branches...what a week

well it's been over a week since i've posted anything, and i actually have some things of moderate interest to write about...so here goes. first off, let me say that this past week was insane. i might as start off towards the beginning, i don't recall what happened monday, so we'll start with tuesday night when i couldn't sleep. yes, couldn't sleep as in i was awake from 2:45-6am...talk about a long night. but some excitment stirred the dullness of the night when at 4:30 i heard this weird cracking outside, and looked out my window and watched in horror as this huge branch of one of the trees just randomly broke and fell onto our truck. since i was wide awake anyways, i just got up and told my dad and went out to take a look. we got lucky on that one cause it missed the cab, but the back of the truck was well buried, and half of our driveway was covered with limbs and leaves and treeish stuff. the next morning, when we were trying to unearth the truck, we found this branch to be a good 15 inches in diameter. but the truck only sustained very minor dents...woohoo. ok, onto wednesday. i was working on very little sleep, but i went to a beach boys concert in the evening to meet up with a friend of mine from college. that was enjoyable. thursday i had to clean up some equipment for state fair, got into a water fight with shelly, and then go to another meeting to talk about my trip to europe. friday i worked all day helping my dad, mowing my gramma's lawn, doing laundry, making food for my family since mom was gone...that type of stuff. oh and we watch the transporter; pretty good movie in my opinion. that brings me to saturday, which i spent all day in milwaukee working at a welcome home thing for war vetrans that my church was sponsoring, and then heidi went to a movie. man, that girl and i have fun together! ok, so we've now arrive at today, sunday and my most recent entertaining moment. so this morning i was going to be going with shelly and linda to give a dairy judging demo to some kids who wanted to learn how to do it. simple right? i was going to have to skip church due to the time i needed for travel, so this morning i just had to get up, get dressed, do chores, eat, grab my stuff and leave. so i got up, got dressed, did chores and took a look at the wound that i've been doctoring on my horse for a while now. well i was running out of time, so i figured i could clean it and put the antibiotic stuff on his leg while he was still in his pasture, cause i didn't want to take the time to get him out. that was my first mistake. he didn't like that idea and wasn't cooperating well. so i had my hand on his nose and was crouched down to put the antibiotic on his leg and he sqealed at me and went to jump back...bringing his knee full force into a collision with my eye, or the bone right above my eye to be exact. had i not had myself supported by my hand on his nose i would have been on my back in the mud. but i didn't fall, and i jumped up, rather shocked, hopped over the fence and headed right to the house, imagining that i was going to have a huge cut over my eye. well, the skin didn't split, but i have a tremendous black eye now. it's pretty much a violent shade of redish purple, and swollen enough that i can't open it more than halfway. it's quite lovely...let me tell you. and it hurts now too. but i have to say that i still find it rather amusing and can now claim that i have sustained a black eye...by way of a horse. so that's about it...i'm now at my grandparents, enjoying the lake on a hot day and taking full advantage of grammas excellent cooking skills...bubye!

2 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

golly, that's even better than chemical welder! are you going to take pictures of the marvelous transformation of your features? i trust you didn't sustain any permanent damage...

10:52 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

never fear...pictures are being taken as this purple invader progessively takes over my entire right eye. and my head is still in one peice as far as I can tell. I don't believe my brain was damaged, but others may beg to differ...we shall see I guess, we shall see...

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home