Wednesday, July 27, 2005

and the story continues...

can you tell i have no life since this black eye has become such a point of interest? anyways…thus far, everyone that i have come across has had some rather impressive responses to seeing my eye, and most, if not all, have been grossed out by the sight of it (including my brothers who make sure that I know it’s disgusting looking…brendon feels sorry for me, ethan tries to get me upset, so i laugh in his face about it). as the days progress, the deep purple color is spreading and it is now all the way around my eye and tinged with the lovely bruise yellow color, and part of my eye is a bit bloodshot for some reason…so the beauty is increasing. unfortunately, pictures do it no justice, though i have been keeping the ‘progress’ well documented for those that are curious. but going back, yesterday i had a meeting to work on stuff for state fair, and i didn’t wear any make up at all. we were meeting at shelly’s grandparents. when i walked in, her gramma took one glance at me, and with her eyes wide, she squeaked…what happened to you! i laughed, told her, and continued on my way. when i rounded the corner, shelly and linda both looked up and were somewhat speechless. they pretty much both cringed, managed a ‘wow’ and kinda left it at that for the time being. then we went outside and mandy showed up. she didn’t seem to notice for a moment, and then she suddenly looked up like a light had dawned and said, “wow mel…that is hott!’ so i got in another chuckle. then later, when we were inside again, shelly was telling me that one of the mom’s had asked what happened to me. shelly had told her and the lady asked if i was sure there’s nothing else wrong or if i any broken bones or anything. so that got shelly to thinking and she made me close my eye and took a good long look at it. when she finally released me, she looked at me rather seriously and said, ‘melanie, are you completely sure that you’re ok? Are you sure you didn’t break any bone, and is it really supposed to be that dark? are you sure you didn’t do any permanent damage?’ so…from the reactions that i’m getting, i’m quite convinced that i’ve managed to secure one of the worst black eyes that many people have seen in quite some time. i was telling my mom all this, since i still find it all rather humorous and she said, ‘well, when people get into car accidents and hit their head on the steering wheel it generally looks like your eye, so yes, you have the extreme end of black eyes.‘ this has all been rather amusing for me, but i’m now starting to wonder how long it’s going to take to go away, since its wednesday and every morning when i wake up it just looks worse than the night before. i have a strong feeling i’m going to be dealing with this for a while though, but i can handle it. and if i care enough (which i mostly don’t), i can, for the most part, get it pretty well covered in a multitude of layers of make up, so that pretty much solves all of my problems. ok, that’s it for now…until next time…bubye.

2 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

actually, those bruises always tend to get a lot worse looking before they heal. and if you think i'm going to be a know-it-all and go into a long discussion about the ins and outs of it and the broken blood vessels and why it's discolored and how long it takes for it to heal... then nope. i know nothing. so long. as in, goodbye, not it will take "so long" for it to heal.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I was aware that they get worse, i was just a bit surprised at how much worse it got. Wednesday I think was the worst day, as in the purple was the darkest and most spread out. Now, friday night, it's just gross cause of the yellow that has now surrounded the purple and red as it's starting to make it's slow trek back to normality, though it's FAR from that right now. This has been an interesting experience though. It's facinating how the body works and deals with such things...and the reactions I get from people make it all worth it anyways!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home