Tuesday, July 26, 2005

a different shade of black...

as i've been watching my black eye change and develop and turn my skin colors i never thought possible, i've started to wonder why black eyes are called black. the fact of the matter is that they really aren't black...plain and simple. mine is most certainly not black. it's a rather astonishing shade of deep purple, mixed with magenta, and lighter purple and all sorts of colors that skin should just not be able to turn. i'm quite sure that it would be impossible to replicate this color...and i have found it quite facinating to watch this deep purplishness overtake my entire right eye. the difference from morning, to noon, to night today was indeed notable. i had a dinner to go to this evening, and i decided to take pictures of my eye before i tried to cover it up with massive amounts of makeup. so, i showed the girls the pictures of what my eye really looked like (since my cover up job was quite amazing) and they were for the most part disgusted by it, which i found rather funny. one would think i might be upset about this, or annoyed and avoiding public, but i'm really finding this whole thing highly amusing. tomorrow i plan to show up at my meeting and clean up thing for state fair without any makeup to show the true color of my eye, and potentially gross a few people out by it, since it is really something to be seen. pictures just do it no justice at all. as shelly stated tonite, when i go out to do something i just have to go all the way, there is no in between. so my first black eye just had to be the black eye of all black eyes! ok, well that's all for now...i'll probably keeping writing random things as this thing progresses around my eye as i'm seemingly odd and finding this whole thing interesting...but i'm done for now...bubye.

3 Comments:

Blogger quirky said...

it looks like you need to get black eyes more often... all of a sudden you start posting! haha! i'm sure it must be wonderful watching the transformation of shading.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we should write a song about black eyes. i have not myself ever had one but i've thought about it.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

as i've said...i post when interesting things happpen...my life is obviously just not that interesting if the 'interesting moments' happen to be a black eye. most of what keeps me busy all the time is stuff that no one but me cares about...so take what you can get! and yes allison...do write a song, i'd like to hear that. let me know if you need help.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home